Mold Removal: Health Alert
Yes, mold is a natural element…but one that should only remain outdoors. Molds play an important role in nature as the break down dead organic matter, but when it comes to mold growing indoors…well, that’s just something that needs to be avoided.
Molds are created by tiny substances called spores, but don’t begin to grow indoors until they land on surfaces that are damp or wet. For instance, mold can grow in air conditioning ducts, a damp carpet or wet clothes that are left for a certain amount of time. It can also make itself at home in walls or under flooring where the construction materials have gotten wet.
The Health Consequences
Mold spores don’t cause a problem until they find wet or damp areas and can grow uninterrupted by cleaning chemicals or processes. These spores then become mold, which when left untreated can cause some pretty serious health problems. Grown mold produces allergens known to cause allergic reactions in some people. These reactions can result in respiratory issues, sinus problems, skin irritations and irritated eyes. In very sensitive people these reactions when left untreated can become so serious that they result in asthma attacks and even in death. In many cases extremely sensitive people cannot live or stay in homes that have mold growth.
How to Remove The Mold in a Home
Eliminating mold in a building or home is difficult as mold spores float through the air and through house dust. However, by eliminating the humidity or moisture in the home, it is possible to control or prevent the mold growth.
It is always best to call in an expert mold removal service company to help eliminate any existing mold and remove the water issue. Once the professionals remove the existing mold using reliable chemicals, vacuuming and extraction techniques, they should also remove the humidity issue so the mold won’t regrow.